He’s raised $16m, proven why 4 minute videos for social are best. Submit proposals where clients pay $100k+ for social video campaigns. Math to consider in first 10 seconds of your video. Future of news might be this guys company. Click to read more.
In Episode #215, Nathan speaks with Ashish Patel, the VP of Social Media at NowThis & Executive-in-Residence at Lerer Hippeau Ventures. Listen as Nathan and Ashish discuss entrepreneurial life within the media space, and how NowThis is changing the way people approach mobile video.
- Favorite Book? – Art of War
- What CEO do you follow?— Richard Branson
- What is your favorite online tool?— TweetDeck
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?—Know that life is a marathon, not a sprint—take your time and stop stressing
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:12 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:36 – Welcoming Ashish to the show
- 02:55 – Working with Shell Oil
- 04:12 – Like to produce content that’s about 4 Mins long
- 05:08 – Lots of businesses are trying to find a way to make content for Snapchat and Instagram
- 08:00 – Working with Joe Biden
- 08:19 – Custom pricing for working with Shell Oil—a campaign based model, generally more than $100K
- 09:18 – How do you transform 10 minutes of footage into dozens of different assets?
- 09:53 – You have to know the KPIs of your business
- 11:05 – Most videography is happening on mobile today
- 11:33 – Text on screen is to make the videos “Agnostic”
- 12:53 – Facebook film is where the platform is getting the most traction
- 13:23 – Trying to optimize for retention
- 14:03 – Hook users with compelling visuals EARLY
- 15:40 – Around 1 billion views a month across all channels
- 16:18 – Connect via any of the NowThis social channels
3 Key Points:
- Know your KPIs.
- Hook your site visitors EARLY with compelling visuals.
- Life is a marathon, not a sprit—slow down and smell the flowers people!
Top listeners who listened to this episode also listened to these:
187 Whitson Gordon How Lifehacker Went from 1m to 10m Monthly Uniques Fast with Whitson Gordon
185 Shaan Puri Blab goal is 7% week over week growth. Here’s how the Founder will do it.
158 Taylor Peck How He Got 25m To Take a Political Quiz with Taylor Peck
154 Ida Tin From motorcycles to $10m Fertility App with 3m Monthly Users
150 Kelvin Lockwood Will he reach 1m MAU by Dec. 2016?
113 Bill Hankes 0 to 6% Market Share in 3 Months with Former Microsoft Bing Director
91 Brian Brushwood Do you make alot of money producing reality shows?
84 Bazi Hassan How to Spend $.05 Per Click and Make $2 On that Same Click with Bazi Hassan
72 Greg Rollett He Uses a $1400 Magazine Add to Drive $8700/mo in New Revenue Every Month
50 Sujan Patel See How Easily You Can Get Featured in Forbes, Inc, and Entrepreneur with Sujan Patel
38 Neil Patel How To Capture 1000+ Emails Per Day with Neil Patel (…and what he’s doing next)35 Jeff Bullas When A Blogger Has 70,000 Leads, What Do They Do To Make Money?
16 Jorday Gray Grabbing Impressions from Any Blog You Want Using This Phrase and Sex strategies