In Episode #182, Nathan speaks with Lila Zimmerman, the founder of Fresh Fit, and Fearless, dedicated to the promotion of healthy lifestyles. Listen as Nathan and Lila talk about
- Favorite Book?- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook by Gary Vaynerchuk
- What CEO do you follow?— Suja Juice
- What is your favorite online tool?—IconoSquare
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Yes
- If you could let your 15 year old self know one thing, what would it be?— Eventually you’ll find something you’re passionate about.
Lila Zimmerman is a 19 year old college student from Boston, MA and is currently a sophomore at the University of Maryland. Her passion for health and fitness moved her to create an Instagram account to share her lifestyle.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Nathan’s introduction to today’s show
- 01:46 – Kristi joins the show.
- 02:13 – Kristi uses Instagram to market partner products and promote her e-book on healthy living.
- 02:46 – Kristi launched her Instagram account summer 2014. She got to a thousand followers in a year. And now she has 15K followers.
- 03:11 – Instagram pictures are popular through consistency, quality, good hashtags, and interacting/networking with other accounts.
- 03:42 – Lila talks about using Share for Share to grow her Instagram account.
- 04:54 – Traffic is directed from Lila’s Instagram bio to her website.
- 05:15 – Nathan talks about a useful bitly tip to track clicks from url’s.
- 06:31 – Writing her e-book took about 2 months and it costs 14.99$ to download. It’s sold 900$ worth of copies.
- 07:40 – Lila talks about what’s next for her as an entrepreneur – creating a new e-book.
- 09:00 – Lila would pursue her business full time if it generated 9K a month.
- 10:56 – Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Popular Instagram posts possess consistency, high quality, good hashtags, and interact/network with other accounts.
- Share for share is a good way to grow your social media account. Accounts with a similar target audience can both grow their audiences by mutually sharing a post.
- You can track the number of clicks a bitly link has generated by adding a plus notation after the link.
- Edgar – Nathan uses Edgar instead of other scheduling tools for Twitter because Edgar cycles through content over and over (buffer/others you have to re-input content over and over – time consuming). In the last several months, Edgar has driven Nathan over 3728 clicks that he didn’t have to work or pay for.
- Instagram – Lila’s Instagram
- Fresh Fit Fearless – Lila’s website
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook – Lila’s favorite business book
- Suja Juice – Business Lila follows
- IconoSquare – Lila’s favorite online tool
Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives