In Episode #196, Nathan speaks with Brian Adams, CEO of Rumber Materials Inc, a company that manufactures composite material boards, sheets and molded products from 100% recycled tire rubber and plastics.
- Favorite Book? – Think and Grow Rich
- What CEO do you follow?— None
- What is your favorite online tool?— Strategic Coach
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Yes
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?—Don’t do it by yourself—partner with someone else, someone who’s been there before
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:57 – Nathan’s introduction to today’s show
- 01:39 – Brian defines what Rumber does
- 04:35 – How Brian came into Rumber
- 04:49 – Know what you love to do and do it
- 05:09 – Bought Rumber in 2012 for $5 million
- 05:55 – Rumber turns about 30% of gross income into profit
- 06:35 – The biggest challenge Rumber faces
- 07:37 – Controlling the manufacturing process in the United States
- 08:53 – This is a high-abrasion, industrial good
- 09:19 – Pounds per hour is how the measure their performance—1,250 lbs per hour is a GREAT day
- 10:43 – Find Brian on LinkedIn
3 Key Points:
- Know what you love and do it.
- Learn from someone else’s mistakes.
- Get 8 hours of sleep!
- Edgar – Nathan uses Edgar instead of other scheduling tools for Twitter because Edgar cycles through content over and over (buffer/others you have to re-input content over and over – time consuming). In the last several months, Edgar has driven Nathan over 3728 clicks that he didn’t have to work or pay for.
- Host Gator – Powerful web hosting made easy and affordable.
- Strategic Coach – Brian’s favorite online tool
- Think and Grow Rich – Brian’s favorite book
Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives