In Episode #207, Nathan speaks with Ezra Firestone, the Smart Marketer and Co-Founder of BOOM! By Cindy Joseph. Listen as Nathan and Ezra discuss the intricacies of intelligent digital marketing, why a universal sales funnel can work extremely well, and how the relationships you make are often your best tools for success.
Ezra is a partner in BOOM! by Cindy Joseph, and is the Founder & CEO of SmartMarketer.com, an information hub for entrepreneurs. As the head of We Are Family Manhattan, an all-volunteer, no cost of administration nonprofit organization, Ezra organizes the redistribution of surplus goods and food to those in need.
- Favorite Book? – Extreme Revenue Growth
- What CEO do you follow?— N/A
- What is your favorite online tool?— Google Keep
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Yes
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?—Have less attention on yourself and be interested in other people, rather than trying to be interesting to other people
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:17 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:49 – Welcoming Ezra to the show
- 02:11 – Talking about BOOM!
- 02:27 – Fundamentally—they’re selling an idea
- 03:00 – http://www.boombycindyjoseph.com/
- 04:23 – The best-selling item of 2013
- 04:43 – Ezra uses a universal sales funnel
- 05:12 – Engage with content and then make an offer
- 06:00 – No long-form sales page, just the product list
- 07:24 – Different content sells to different people
- 08:04 – Get facetime, build intimacy
- 10:00 – the lifetime value of a customer—historically $120
- 11:00 – Ad purchasing is done manually
- 11:25 – Buying traffic is wide to narrow—work wide to narrow
- 12:00 – See what works, then hit it hard and fast
- 13:00 – eCommerce business doesn’t do as well as information marketing business
- 14:05 – eCommerce businesses fuel information businesses.
3 Key Points:
- Engage prospects with content before making an offer.
- Get facetime with people, build intimacy.
- Test different things to see what works well…when you find it, hit it hard and fast.
- Edgar – Nathan uses Edgar instead of other scheduling tools for Twitter because Edgar cycles through content over and over (buffer/others you have to re-input content over and over – time consuming). In the last several months, Edgar has driven Nathan over 3728 clicks that he didn’t have to work or pay for.
- Host Gator – Powerful web hosting made easy and affordable.
- Google Keep – The online tool Ezra can’t live without
- Extreme Revenue Growth – Ezra’s favorite business book
- BOOM! – One of Ezra’s best businesses
People who listened to Ezra also listened to these episodes focused on ecommerce and physical products:
196 Brian Adams 30,000 Pounds Per Day, Efficiency Machine Did $7m Last Year on Industrial Planks with Brian Adams of Rumber.com
189 Nathan Rothstein He Made $750k in November, 2015 From Tee Shirt Quilts?
175 Allon Bloch He did $900m in sales last year on something you touch every day
168 Scott Hutchison He Turned $200 Into $15m. You Won’t Believe How He Did It.
163 John Lee Dumas “I bought 20,000 Freedom Journals at $6.50 each”
161 Tom Hunt You’re a corporate guy selling mens leggings on the side?
157 Allison Schaaf She Moved from Time Intensive 1 on 1 Consulting to $10k/mo Passive Recurring with Printables
149 Michael Devlin How to Predict Sales Success on Amazon with this Algorithm
145 Elijah Montecelli He’s 23, an artist, and has sold $6k Apple Watch bands
139 James Marks He’s doing $330k/mo aiming for $10m Valuation with James Marks
136 Vincent van de Poll We 3d Print Minion Cases for Walmart
132 Matt Gallant His supplement company did $280k last month, here’s how
128 Scott Voelker How I use BSR’s to sell $307k on Amazon last month
123 Trisha Roy She’s Making $25k/mo Shipping Curtains And More
94 Rob Burke 24 year old invents music through teeth with Rob Burke
90 Sonya Petcavic Quitting Corporate and Going all In With Her Own $50k with Sonya
86 Stephen Conn How a Gay Fashion Brand Does $500k/Year in Revenue With a Membership
59 Vinnie Fisher $1.3m Gross and $160k Net Last Month on “Krill” with 4-Kid Dad Vinnie Fisher
46 Molly Hahn Artist Uses a Clever Tactic to Make $28k/mo From Her Sketches of THIS?!
42 Yuri Elkaim $75k in MRR From one Funnel with $235 Customer LTV with Yuri Elkaim
30 Noah Rasheta How An Idea For His Kid Led To $400k/yr WalMart Deal for Iphone Accessory with Noah Rasheta
7 Kevin Lavelle How To Quit Corporate, Use Stinky Sweat and Mark Cuban to Grow Shirt Company 4-5x YOY
4 Nick Kneuper How 350 Electric Bra’s Launched a $10m Freaky Apparel Business