In Episode #204, Nathan speaks with Daniel Brusilovsky and Jason Stein, the co-founders of i-Moji,
- Favorite Book? – Delivering Happiness
- What CEO do you follow?— Elon Musk
- What is your favorite online tool?— Evernote
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?—Do what you love. Take Risk. Always trust your gut.
Daniel Brusilovsky and Jason Stein are two of the cofounders at imoji, the largest sticker library in the world.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:08 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:33 – Welcoming Daniel and Jason to the show
- 01:45 – Six founders of i-Moji
- 02:48 – Do what you’re passionate about
- 03:30 – Jason originally operated at Hotel Tonight
- 03:54 – How they’re making money?—They’re not
- 04:48 – Give users as fast and relevant experience no matter what
- 05:48 – A b2c product
- 06:05 – Left Shark example
- 07:01 – Proactively try to curate categories and put them in trending lists so people don’t have to search for them
- 07:36 – Where to experience i-moji
- 09:47 – The team is 7 people full time and they’ve raised $2M of seed in equity
- 10:27 – Advice on raising capital in the B2C space
- 11:01 – Understand how it becomes a massive business
- 12:35 – In the b2c space, you’ve got to have a following
- 13:08 – Impression goal is in the billions per month
- 13:75 – i-moji doesn’t track users
- 14:22 – Have a ROCK SOLID vision
- 15:56 – Jason@imojiapp.com
3 Key Points:
- Life and success are rooted in passion—do what you love.
- Have a ROCK SOLID vision if you want to your business to appeal to people, especially investors.
- If you want to make it in the consumer space, you need massive following.
- Edgar – Nathan uses Edgar instead of other scheduling tools for Twitter because Edgar cycles through content over and over (buffer/others you have to re-input content over and over – time consuming). In the last several months, Edgar has driven Nathan over 3728 clicks that he didn’t have to work or pay for.
- Host Gator – Powerful web hosting made easy and affordable.
- Evernote – The online tool Daniel and Jason can’t live without
- Delivering Happiness – Daniel and Jason’s favorite business book
- Elon Musk – The CEO Daniel and Jason closely follow
Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives