In Episode #138, Nathan speaks with Kimra Luna, a personal branding and online business strategist who helps freedom-seeking entrepreneurs to stand out and monetize their authentic brands. Listen as Nathan and Kimra talk about Be True, Brand You, a signature program that is the culmination of Kimra’s extensive experience in online marketing.
- Favorite Book?— Don’t have one
- What CEO do you follow?— Nope, don’t have one
- What is your favorite online tool?— Leadpages
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No, she’s got three children. (Whew!)
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?— Go for it! Don’t hold back. Just go for it.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Nathan’s introduction to today’s show
- 01:44 – Kimra joins the show
- 01:54– Kimra sells a signature program called Be True, Brand You
- 02:03 – In her first year of business, she made 880K in sales from the program
- 02:42 – Before the program, Kimra was a health and wellness food blogger
- 03:31 – Sales page for program not up currently – the program runs for short periods per year
- 04:00 – Kimra’s website was designed by Diane and Peach – it’s hand drawn
- 05:17 – Kimra goes over all her expenses for her program (facebook ads, team, copywriting, sales page, brand video, photoshoot)
- 07:23 – At first, Kimra’s ad revenue was used for previously familiar audiences
- 08:45 – In February, Kimra’s list was 10K-11K, by end of launch, 12K.
- 09:19 – Advertising for her webinar is kept below 2 dollars per conversion (people who saw it)
- 10:48 – Audience members usually purchased a product after watching 4 webinars
- 11:16 – 1500-2000 members register for each webinar, about half of them show up
- 11:30 – The webinars are about 90 minutes long and cover a wide variety of topics
- 12:03 – Kimra doesn’t do sales on the webinar event, but usually the demand is much more massive last minute
- 13:07 – Luckily because most of Kimra’s list is in her Facebook community, she doesn’t have to email much
- 14:03 – The 2K digital course buys into a membership site with videos covering the ins and outs of online marketing – Kimra also answers individual questions from members
- 16:00 – Kimra grew her group and list simultaneously
- 18:13 – Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Demand for sales on the internet usually grows exponentially right before closing hours.
- Growing a community based on Facebook ads and other means can be achieved for less than 2$ per conversion.
- For those just starting out, remember to go for it! Don’t hold back.
- Growth Geeks – The way Nathan hires growth hackers on a per project basis for things like info graphics, blog posts, and other growth projects
- com – Kimra’s website
- Diane and Peach – People who designed Kimra’s website
- LeadPages – Kimra’s favorite online tool
Kimra Luna is a personal branding and online business strategist who helps freedom-seeking entrepreneurs to stand out, captivate their audiences’ attention and monetize their authentic brands online.
In 2014 and after being on government welfare for over 4½ years, Kimra defied the odds grew her business from zero to $880k in sales in the less than a year.
You can find Kimra on YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and of course Facebook where she consistently provides advice and guidance to her group The Freedom Hacker’s Mastermind.
You’ll also like these episodes on Infoproduct launches, Event Marketing, Podcast Strategy, Million Dollar Masterminds:
182 Lila Zimmerman: 19 years old, in college, has sales, will she drop out?
179 Aaron Fifield: The Art of Saying No to Revenue
174 Joseph Michael: You made $500k teaching Scrievener? Why not just acquire Scrivener?
162 Harry Campbell: Will Uber Acquire You?
147 Troy Dean: Would you sell to WP Engine for $1m?
141 Stig Brodersen: Why did you quit a $100k+ Energy Commodity Trading Job for Teaching?