In Episode #160, Nathan speaks with Jenn Scalia, a single mom who started from rock bottom to creating a six-figure business. Listen as Nathan and Jenn talk about how she runs her business coaching entrepreneurs in marketing strategy.
- Favorite Book?— Profit First – by Mike Mikalowisk
- What CEO do you follow?— Todd Herman
- What is your favorite online tool?— 30/30
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?—Get smart about money – play around with the mindset of finance and what it means to you personally.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Nathan’s introduction to today’s show
- 01:20 – Jenn joins the show
- 01:27 – Jenn sells business strategy and coaching for entrepreneurs through a paid membership and also in one-on-one sessions.
- 01:52 – She makes about 50K in revenue per month – sometimes hitting 100K.
- 02:54 – Most of her revenue comes from one-on-one coaching and mentorship. She also has a membership site that rakes in about 5-6K a month.
- 03:55 – The sit-down mentorship involves marketing strategy, funnels, email marketing, and social media strategy. Jenn is all about visibility and getting a message out.
- 05:01 – Jenn has two secrets. She works hard and is relatable.
- 05:47 – Membership currently costs 30$ a month and it’s going up to 47$ in a year. Every month, members get two master-classes from Jenn and a guest expert.
- 06:22 – Membership perks also include a monthly Q&A and a private community (online forum on Facebook).
- 06:52 – Users stay an average of three months – Jenn offers a trial membership for people who’d like to try it.
- 07:42 – Jenn’s one-on-one mentorship costs 10K for four months. The price is increasing in January to 15K.
- 08:20 – Jenn finds her clients through her followers (tribe) and funnel.
- 09:12 – Jenn and Nathan talk about the usefulness of website ‘welcome mats’ that can increase website opt-ins.
- 10:22 – Jenn’s biggest expenses are the salaries for her online business manager and virtual assistant for 2K a month (combined) and 4K a month on advertising.
- 11:40 – Jenn’s spent about 6 figures on her education this year.
- 12:10 – Nathan and Jenn talk about Todd Herman.
- 14:14 – Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- A useful online tool known as a “Welcome Mat” can increase the number of website opt-ins from visitors.
- Despite running a successful business, Jenn invests heavily into her education – a prudent practice.
- It’s important to get smart about money (not just in the traditional sense) – play around with the mindset of finance and what it means to you personally.
- Growth Geeks – The way Nathan hires growth hackers on a per project basis for things like info graphics, blog posts, and other growth projects
- Jenn Scalia – Jenn’s Website
- Digital Welcome Mats – Increase opt-ins with this online tool
- Facebook – Jenn’s Facebook
- LinkedIn – Jenn’s LinkedIn
- @jennscalia – Jenn’s Twitter
- Todd Herman – CEO Jenn follows
- 30/30 – Jenn’s favorite online tool
- Profit First – Book Jenn stands by
Jenn Scalia is a visibility strategist for entrepreneurs who want to make an impact. A self-professed introvert, and single mom, she went from rock bottom to creating a multi six-figure business. She’s known for her tough-love, no-BS style and helping business owners overcome their fears and share their message with the world.
Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives