In Episode #228, Nathan speaks with Gerard Adams, Millennial thought-leader and founder of Elite Daily—an online publication that caters to the interests and needs of the Millennial Generation. Listen as Nathan quizzes Gerard on the revenue model of Elite Daily, their acquisition by Daily Mail, and the key to keeping content creators happy.
- Favorite Book? – Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain
- What CEO do you follow?— Elon Musk
- What is your favorite online tool?— Fifteen Five
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Yes
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?—Build the right team.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:03 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:33 – Welcoming Gerard to the show
- 01:45 – 31 Years old
- 02:00 – First million made through establishing a PR and Marketing company for small businesses
- 02:32 – 10M a year in revenue across a team of 5 people
- 03:00 – EliteDaily.com
- 03:48 – Roughly $20M in revenue in 2015
- 04:40 – One of Elite Daily’s 1st native ads
- 06:25 – Partnering with T-Mobile
- 07:21 – Elite Daily was at $80M unique visitors when they were acquired by Daily Mail
- 10:15 – Writer compensation and incentives
- 11:25 – Reach out to people who have native following already…offer them small cash amounts, swag, etc. but the KEY is helping them BUILD their profile
- 13:33 – Seeding the initial topics—driving the foundational traffic
- 15:27 – GerardAdams.com
3 Key Points:
- Keep the people that create your content HAPPY and ENGAGED.
- A great TEAM is indispensable.
- You don’t need cash to incentivize your employees.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- GerardAdams.com – Gerard’s Website
- EliteDaily.com – Gerard’s latest venture…recently acquired by Daily Mail
- Mallard Creatives – Provider of Show Notes
The Top listeners who listened to this show also listened to these:
FEATURED: 155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
181 Kristi Zulhke You won’t believe what she quit corporate P&G for.
165 Nehal Kazim His Revenue Goal Was $600k. His Plan? Fire or Get Fired.
160 Jenn Scalia It is Possible to have 5 year old and do 5 figures every month with Jenn Scalia
159 Eric Siu He Bought a $150k/mo Agency for $2 with Eric Siu
155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
134 Gilbert Welsford I produce events and made $100k in September, 2015
102 Christo Hall Pro Surfer to $2m in 12 months with this product?
101 Wes Schaeffer 7 Kids and $500k In Revenue With Wes Schaeffer
96 Chris Sanfiliippo He makes $100k/mo from “Revenge Porn”
76 Lori Latka My mom takes over the show: Buys Real Estate Business, Moves to Horse Ranch for Simple Dream
75 Chris Merkle How he went from intern, to $60k on his first deal, to $3m in revenue this year
63 Alex Harris Staying small and winning big with 6 clients who pay $5k/mo with Alex Harris
62 Brandon Epstein He has a six pack and charges $1k/mo for Instagram consulting to mega-rich clients?
60 Justin Brooke What if growing your one person agency to $90k+/mo was this simple?
57 James Hickey 2 Ways Anyone Can Generate $5k/month with James Hickey
25 Greg Hickman From $110k corporate gig to startup failure, then what? With Greg Hickman.
22 Jaime Turner From Freelance College Speaking to $100k/yr In Speaking Fees with Jaime Turner
18 Franklin Cole From Underwear to $40m In Revenue and Seven figure clients with Franklin C