In Episode #229, Nathan speaks with Matt Shoup, a man who took himself from nearly $200K in debt to life as a millionaire before the age of 30. Now Matt is making a major career pivot to speaking, coaching, and motivation. Listen as Matt shares his rags to riches story, and why he decided to change careers in spite of a THRIVING operation.
- Favorite Book? – Total Money Makeover
- What CEO do you follow?— Curt Richardson
- What is your favorite online tool?— Infusionsoft
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?—Bring others up the mountain with you.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:03 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:29 – Welcoming Matt to the show
- 02:12 – Matt’s main income stream in 2015
- 03:15 – Why not stay in painting?
- 03:30 – Being told you’re not good enough
- 04:58 – Why Matt doesn’t sell the painting company—because why shed a recurring revenue stream?
- 05:40 – Earning money through coaching
- 06:35 – Matt’s Mastermind is the main revenue generator on the coaching side
- 09:45 – Why not kick back and let the money roll in?—because there’s no way to help people
- 10:27 – Matt’s two-cents: “I exist to help others live with excellence”
- 12:55 – MattShoup.com
- 14:15 – Famous 5
3 Key Points:
- Live with excellence.
- Find a way to help people.
- Don’t stay in a business just because the money is good—if your heart isn’t in it, move on.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- M and E Painting – Matt’s painting company
- Mallard Creatives – Provider of Show Notes
The Top listeners who listened to this show also listened to these:
FEATURED: 155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
181 Kristi Zulhke You won’t believe what she quit corporate P&G for.
165 Nehal Kazim His Revenue Goal Was $600k. His Plan? Fire or Get Fired.
160 Jenn Scalia It is Possible to have 5 year old and do 5 figures every month with Jenn Scalia
159 Eric Siu He Bought a $150k/mo Agency for $2 with Eric Siu
155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
134 Gilbert Welsford I produce events and made $100k in September, 2015
102 Christo Hall Pro Surfer to $2m in 12 months with this product?
101 Wes Schaeffer 7 Kids and $500k In Revenue With Wes Schaeffer
96 Chris Sanfiliippo He makes $100k/mo from “Revenge Porn”
76 Lori Latka My mom takes over the show: Buys Real Estate Business, Moves to Horse Ranch for Simple Dream
75 Chris Merkle How he went from intern, to $60k on his first deal, to $3m in revenue this year
63 Alex Harris Staying small and winning big with 6 clients who pay $5k/mo with Alex Harris
62 Brandon Epstein He has a six pack and charges $1k/mo for Instagram consulting to mega-rich clients?
60 Justin Brooke What if growing your one person agency to $90k+/mo was this simple?
57 James Hickey 2 Ways Anyone Can Generate $5k/month with James Hickey
25 Greg Hickman From $110k corporate gig to startup failure, then what? With Greg Hickman.
22 Jaime Turner From Freelance College Speaking to $100k/yr In Speaking Fees with Jaime Turner
18 Franklin Cole From Underwear to $40m In Revenue and Seven figure clients with Franklin C