In Episode #234, Nathan speaks with Molly Marie Keyser, a photographer and insanely creative entrepreneur who found her niche in boudoir photography. Listen as Nathan asks Molly to share her keys to entrepreneurial growth, and explain how she went from the depression of debt to a million dollar business.
- Favorite Book? –Breakthrough Advertising
- What CEO do you follow?—Cameron Luna
- What is your favorite online tool?—OBS
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Yes
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?—Get started on your business as soon as you know what it’s going to be—it doesn’t matter if you’re in college.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:10 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:30 – Welcoming Molly to the show
- 01:36 – Molly’s 1st business?—photography
- 01:50 – How Molly Made $$$
- 02:25 – Multiple 6-figures with the portrait studio
- 02:59 – Molly’s lines of business
- 03:49 – BoudieShorts.com
- 04:22 – ventureshorts.com
- 05:55 – Info product pricing
- 08:05 – How Molly uses her money
- 08:30 – Annual expenses are under $100K
- 09:22 – Most of the money goes into Molly’s retirement account and her business savings account
- 09:55 – When it comes to working in ART—people quit way to early
- 10:28 – You gotta do what you don’t love at first so you can get some cash to start playing
- 11:44 – When you establish your first business, diversify!
- 12:05 – VentureShorts.com
- 13:42 – Famous 5
3 Key Points:
- You CAN turn art into a career.
- At the beginning—you can’t necessarily do what you love, you have to do what makes cash.
- Have multiple revenue streams.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- BootyShorts.com – One of Molly’s companies
- ventureshorts.com — Another one of Molly’s companies and the best place to contact her
- Mallard Creatives – Provider of Show Notes
The Top listeners who listened to this show also listened to these:
FEATURED: 155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
181 Kristi Zulhke You won’t believe what she quit corporate P&G for.
165 Nehal Kazim His Revenue Goal Was $600k. His Plan? Fire or Get Fired.
160 Jenn Scalia It is Possible to have 5 year old and do 5 figures every month with Jenn Scalia
159 Eric Siu He Bought a $150k/mo Agency for $2 with Eric Siu
155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
134 Gilbert Welsford I produce events and made $100k in September, 2015
102 Christo Hall Pro Surfer to $2m in 12 months with this product?
101 Wes Schaeffer 7 Kids and $500k In Revenue With Wes Schaeffer
96 Chris Sanfiliippo He makes $100k/mo from “Revenge Porn”
76 Lori Latka My mom takes over the show: Buys Real Estate Business, Moves to Horse Ranch for Simple Dream
75 Chris Merkle How he went from intern, to $60k on his first deal, to $3m in revenue this year
63 Alex Harris Staying small and winning big with 6 clients who pay $5k/mo with Alex Harris
62 Brandon Epstein He has a six pack and charges $1k/mo for Instagram consulting to mega-rich clients?
60 Justin Brooke What if growing your one person agency to $90k+/mo was this simple?
57 James Hickey 2 Ways Anyone Can Generate $5k/month with James Hickey
25 Greg Hickman From $110k corporate gig to startup failure, then what? With Greg Hickman.
22 Jaime Turner From Freelance College Speaking to $100k/yr In Speaking Fees with Jaime Turner
18 Franklin Cole From Underwear to $40m In Revenue and Seven figure clients with Franklin C