In Episode #237 Nathan speaks with Michael Slavin, author of One Million in The Bank, a CEO and founder, and former commander of two army aviation units. Listen as Michael shares how he ended up losing everything after his service to the military and how he got back on his feet 7 years later to build a business and how he banked his 1st million dollars.
- Favorite Book? – Accidental Genius
- What CEO do you follow?— Paul Graham
- What is your favorite online tool?— Dropbox
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?— Pay attention on learning technnology
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:28 – Welcoming Michael to the show
- 01:39 – 10 years of service in the army
- 01:55 – Writing One Million in the Bank
- 02:09 – “I struggled badly for 7 years. I lost everything.”
- 02:59 – “I raised $203,000 from 4 people –one was a complete stranger”
- 03:26 – US Emerald Energy
- 04:11 – How the business makes money
- 04:58 – From 30% hit accuracy in wells to 85-90%
- 06:55 – Biggest loss of $1.2M in a well
- 07:12 – More details on the book
- 07:48 – Frank Nunez
- 09:28 – Michael self-published his book
- 10:33 – 1500 books sold in 5 months
- 10:47 – How Michael earns from book sales
- 13:51 – What happened when the audio book had no sales
- 15:23 – “I spend most of my time taking care of my wife (who has Parkinson’s)”
- 16:38 – onemillioninthebank.com
- 19:03 – Famous 5
3 Key Points:
- You don’t need a new and innovative idea to be successful.
- You don’t need your own money to be successful.
- There’s lots of FREE help—you just have to ask.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives
The Top listeners who listened to this show also listened to these:
FEATURED: 155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
181 Kristi Zulhke You won’t believe what she quit corporate P&G for.
165 Nehal Kazim His Revenue Goal Was $600k. His Plan? Fire or Get Fired.
160 Jenn Scalia It is Possible to have 5 year old and do 5 figures every month with Jenn Scalia
159 Eric Siu He Bought a $150k/mo Agency for $2 with Eric Siu
155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
134 Gilbert Welsford I produce events and made $100k in September, 2015
102 Christo Hall Pro Surfer to $2m in 12 months with this product?
101 Wes Schaeffer 7 Kids and $500k In Revenue With Wes Schaeffer
96 Chris Sanfiliippo He makes $100k/mo from “Revenge Porn”
76 Lori Latka My mom takes over the show: Buys Real Estate Business, Moves to Horse Ranch for Simple Dream
75 Chris Merkle How he went from intern, to $60k on his first deal, to $3m in revenue this year
63 Alex Harris Staying small and winning big with 6 clients who pay $5k/mo with Alex Harris
62 Brandon Epstein He has a six pack and charges $1k/mo for Instagram consulting to mega-rich clients?
60 Justin Brooke What if growing your one person agency to $90k+/mo was this simple?
57 James Hickey 2 Ways Anyone Can Generate $5k/month with James Hickey
25 Greg Hickman From $110k corporate gig to startup failure, then what? With Greg Hickman.
22 Jaime Turner From Freelance College Speaking to $100k/yr In Speaking Fees with Jaime Turner
18 Franklin Cole From Underwear to $40m In Revenue and Seven figure clients with Franklin C