In Episode #238 Nathan interviews Gina Tost, a journalist, author of the book Vida Extra, cofounder for Gin App—one on the Top 100 Start Ups of 2015. Listen as Gina shares insights surrounding her marketplace app and how her company creates organic reach in Barcelona.
- Favorite Book? – Who by Geoff Smart and Randy Street
- What CEO do you follow?— None
- What is your favorite online tool?— Twitter & TweetDeck
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?— Focus on learning everything because you’ll never know when you can use it
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:48 – Welcoming Gina to the show
- 02:02 – All about Gin App
- 02:15 – “What we do is we create tech solutions for every player”
- 03:00 – Making money on Gin App
- 04:20 – Currently working with 350 advertisers and 700 sources
- 06:35 – Annual revenue for 2015 – $750K
- 07:40 – People sign up to promote campaigns and earn
- 09:15 – The bloggers are not advertisers, they are app promoters
- 10:45 – Average invoicing of $1000 monthly
- 11:29 – “We don’t track cost per signup because, nowadays, everything is organic”
- 13:25 – More than 10,000 bloggers made money from the app
- 13:53 – Twitter @Ginapp
- 15:24 – Famous 5
3 Key Points:
- Bloggers are app promoters, not advertisers—never lose sight of that.
- When you’re trying to market your business—try and make as much organic as you can.
- Keep making money! If you’re making money, you’re making progress!
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives
The Top listeners who listened to this show also listened to these:
FEATURED: 155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
181 Kristi Zulhke You won’t believe what she quit corporate P&G for.
165 Nehal Kazim His Revenue Goal Was $600k. His Plan? Fire or Get Fired.
160 Jenn Scalia It is Possible to have 5 year old and do 5 figures every month with Jenn Scalia
159 Eric Siu He Bought a $150k/mo Agency for $2 with Eric Siu
155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
134 Gilbert Welsford I produce events and made $100k in September, 2015
102 Christo Hall Pro Surfer to $2m in 12 months with this product?
101 Wes Schaeffer 7 Kids and $500k In Revenue With Wes Schaeffer
96 Chris Sanfiliippo He makes $100k/mo from “Revenge Porn”
76 Lori Latka My mom takes over the show: Buys Real Estate Business, Moves to Horse Ranch for Simple Dream
75 Chris Merkle How he went from intern, to $60k on his first deal, to $3m in revenue this year
63 Alex Harris Staying small and winning big with 6 clients who pay $5k/mo with Alex Harris
62 Brandon Epstein He has a six pack and charges $1k/mo for Instagram consulting to mega-rich clients?
60 Justin Brooke What if growing your one person agency to $90k+/mo was this simple?
57 James Hickey 2 Ways Anyone Can Generate $5k/month with James Hickey
25 Greg Hickman From $110k corporate gig to startup failure, then what? With Greg Hickman.
22 Jaime Turner From Freelance College Speaking to $100k/yr In Speaking Fees with Jaime Turner
18 Franklin Cole From Underwear to $40m In Revenue and Seven figure clients with Franklin C