In Episode #242 Nathan welcomes Matt Griffin, a former US Army Ranger and current HMFIC at CombatFlipFlops. Listen as Nathan talks to Matt about how the origins of CombatFlipFlops and what social cause they are supporting with the sales of their footwear.
- Favorite Book? – Drive by Daniel Pink
- What CEO do you follow?— John Sercu
- What is your favorite online tool?— Shopify
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?— Take care of your body and slow down
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:03 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:19 – Nathan introduces Matt
- 01:58 – What CombatFlipFlops do
- 02:23 – 2015 sales came up to $300,000
- 03:14 – Breaking down product margins
- 04:55 – The social cause behind the business
- 05:07 – 10% of the margin goes to charity
- 05:50 – Defeating radicalism by educating women
- 06:35 – If Matt was the president…
- Free trade agreement
- Fund education
- 07:48 – “Our economy has the ability to hurt or help –I believe we should use it to help”
- 09:03 – Started off with their own money for capital
- 10:58 – “We contacted every media we knew to drive people in our website”
- 11:40 – “it’s just a matter of finding the sources and getting them to drive traffic”
- 13:23 – Goal for 2016 is at $1.4M
- 15:55 – Instagram @CFF.GRIFF
- 17:12 – Famous 5
3 Key Points:
- Educate women and families to fight radicalism.
- Kept rolling initial profits back into the company.
- Get sources to drive people to your site
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives
The Top listeners who listened to this show also listened to these:
FEATURED: 155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
181 Kristi Zulhke You won’t believe what she quit corporate P&G for.
165 Nehal Kazim His Revenue Goal Was $600k. His Plan? Fire or Get Fired.
160 Jenn Scalia It is Possible to have 5 year old and do 5 figures every month with Jenn Scalia
159 Eric Siu He Bought a $150k/mo Agency for $2 with Eric Siu
155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
134 Gilbert Welsford I produce events and made $100k in September, 2015
102 Christo Hall Pro Surfer to $2m in 12 months with this product?
101 Wes Schaeffer 7 Kids and $500k In Revenue With Wes Schaeffer
96 Chris Sanfiliippo He makes $100k/mo from “Revenge Porn”
76 Lori Latka My mom takes over the show: Buys Real Estate Business, Moves to Horse Ranch for Simple Dream
75 Chris Merkle How he went from intern, to $60k on his first deal, to $3m in revenue this year
63 Alex Harris Staying small and winning big with 6 clients who pay $5k/mo with Alex Harris
62 Brandon Epstein He has a six pack and charges $1k/mo for Instagram consulting to mega-rich clients?
60 Justin Brooke What if growing your one person agency to $90k+/mo was this simple?
57 James Hickey 2 Ways Anyone Can Generate $5k/month with James Hickey
25 Greg Hickman From $110k corporate gig to startup failure, then what? With Greg Hickman.
22 Jaime Turner From Freelance College Speaking to $100k/yr In Speaking Fees with Jaime Turner
18 Franklin Cole From Underwear to $40m In Revenue and Seven figure clients with Franklin C