In Episode #243 Nathan invites Jason Hartman to The Top!—Jason is a self-made millionaire, serial entrepreneur, and host of a killer podcast with more than 3,000 episodes. Listen as Nathan quizzes Jason about his real estate investments, both personal and profession, and finds out what podcasts Jason thinks are the best in the business.
- Favorite Book? – 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- What CEO do you follow?— Seth Godin
- What is your favorite online tool?— Boxer
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?— I wish I held on to some of the properties I sold
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:02 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:33 – Welcoming Jason to the show
- 01:47 – Real estate has always been Jason’s top revenue source
- 02:42 – Jason’s personal portfolio includes rental income
- 03:00 – The real estate investment company for clients made about $2M in 2015
- 04:09 – Jason’s personal real estate investing
- 04:19 – Total rental income for 2015 – “I don’t know
- 06:00 – “Multi-millionaires are based on net worth, not income”
- 06:30 – “I don’t invest based on appreciation; I invest based on net value ratios”
- 08:12 – Return comes from a lot more things than just cash flow
- 11:06 – Balancing real estate appreciation with the turmoil of the 2008 recession
- 12:27 – Jason’s Ten Commandments of Successful Investing
- 14:31 – Jason on podcasts
- 14:57 – jasonhartman.com
- 16:03 – The Creating Wealth Show
- 17:10 – 60,000 downloads per month
- 17:53 – Marketing real estate on the podcast
- 19:17 – hartmanmedia.com
- 20:55 – Famous 5
3 Key Points:
- Look into rent value ratio vs appreciation.
- Your cash-flow is largely determined by the amount of leverage you have over a property.
- Income property is a multi-dimensional asset class.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Ten Commandments of Successful Investing – Jason’s 10 Commandments
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives
The Top listeners who listened to this show also listened to these:
FEATURED: 155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
181 Kristi Zulhke You won’t believe what she quit corporate P&G for.
165 Nehal Kazim His Revenue Goal Was $600k. His Plan? Fire or Get Fired.
160 Jenn Scalia It is Possible to have 5 year old and do 5 figures every month with Jenn Scalia
159 Eric Siu He Bought a $150k/mo Agency for $2 with Eric Siu
155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
134 Gilbert Welsford I produce events and made $100k in September, 2015
102 Christo Hall Pro Surfer to $2m in 12 months with this product?
101 Wes Schaeffer 7 Kids and $500k In Revenue With Wes Schaeffer
96 Chris Sanfiliippo He makes $100k/mo from “Revenge Porn”
76 Lori Latka My mom takes over the show: Buys Real Estate Business, Moves to Horse Ranch for Simple Dream
75 Chris Merkle How he went from intern, to $60k on his first deal, to $3m in revenue this year
63 Alex Harris Staying small and winning big with 6 clients who pay $5k/mo with Alex Harris
62 Brandon Epstein He has a six pack and charges $1k/mo for Instagram consulting to mega-rich clients?
60 Justin Brooke What if growing your one person agency to $90k+/mo was this simple?
57 James Hickey 2 Ways Anyone Can Generate $5k/month with James Hickey
25 Greg Hickman From $110k corporate gig to startup failure, then what? With Greg Hickman.
22 Jaime Turner From Freelance College Speaking to $100k/yr In Speaking Fees with Jaime Turner
18 Franklin Cole From Underwear to $40m In Revenue and Seven figure clients with Franklin C