In Episode #250 Nathan interviews Kim Ades, president of Frame Of Mind coaching. Kim’s a performance coaching expert who helps people to examine and shift their thinking using a unique system of journaling. Listen to Kim and Nathan talk performance coaching, the details of Kim’s business success, and how to be an entrepreneur with kids.
- Favorite Book? – Scaling Up
- What CEO do you follow? — Richard Branson
- What is your favorite online tool?— Dropbox
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Absolutely not
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?— That everything would be fine
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:10 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:40 – Welcoming Kim to the show
- 01:55 – Kim now licenses out journaling software developed in her company
- 02:15 – Licensed for $69 per month to around 400 subscribers
- 02:31 – Main revenue stream is from coaching at Frame of Mind
- 03:17 – Prices range from $3600-$10,000 for 10 weeks of coaching
- 04:24 – Total coaching revenue $600,000 in 2015
- 05:03 – Business employs 18 coaches
- 05:50 – Main expenses are phone lines, internet and support staff
- 06:29 – Overhead around $18,000 per month
- 07:02 – Revenues split between Kim and the coaches
- 08:01 – How Kim runs her business with 5 kids
- 08:30 – “Be where you are” – focus on home at home, and work at work
- 09:15 – Are you raising your kids to think like entrepreneurs?
- 09:40 – How Kim’s kids are running their own businesses
- 11:00 – Managing allowances and jobs
- 14:50 – Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Don’t panic. Even when times are incredibly challenging, you’ll get through them.
- Changing your mindset is the most important step to improving your performance. Take time to reflect on how you’re thinking.
- If you have kids, teach them that they have to work for their success.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives