In Episode #256 Nathan interviews John Lincoln, the CEO of Ignite Visibility, California’s #1 SEO company in 2015. John’s an expert on online visibility who’s worked with hundreds of high-profile clients. Listen as Nathan and John talk about Ignite Visibility, quitting a six-figure job, and the process of writing John’s new book Digital Influencer.
I feature the revenue numbers of the worlds Top Entrepreneurs in 15 minute shows every morning. Click below to subscribe. If you subscribe before Monday you’ll be entered to win $100!
Driving? Jogging? Can’t watch? Listen by clicking play below:
- Favorite Book? – Unleash the Power Within
- What CEO do you follow? — Tony Robbins and Neil Patel
- What is your favorite online tool? — Basecamp, ColorNote, SEMrush
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? — You don’t have to have it all figured out. Take your time to see what’s out there.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:15 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:45 – Welcoming John to the show
- 01:51 – John started Ignite Visibility at the age of 30 while a director at SEO Inc
- 02:30 – Gave up a salary of over $100k and a satisfying role
- 03:04 – “It was literally the scariest thing I’ve done in my life”
- 03:40 – Invested $10k personally in Ignite Visibility
- 04:05 – John was well-known in the industry and gained 9 clients in his first 6 months
- 04:33 – Contracts range from $2k to $20k each month
- 04:50 – Total revenue in the first year (2013) just under $1 million
- 05:05 – Aiming for $3 million revenue this year
- 06:00 – 20-30% net margin on revenue
- 06:40 – What are they doing with profits?
- 07:40 – Digital Influencer – John’s book
- 08:25 – John hopes the book will provide concrete tips for young entrepreneurs
- 09:20 – Self-published on Amazon and used CreateSpace to make the print copy
- 10:20 – All proceeds from the book go to charity
- 10:40 – Aiming to sell 1,000 copies to raise $7k – $10k
- 11:30 – Sales almost entirely online
- 12:15 – Book launched February 2016
- 15:49 – Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Take the plunge and do something that you love. Even if it terrifies you, it’ll be worth it.
- Building your digital influence is a process – there are concrete steps you can take to achieve it
- If you’re young, don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Enjoy what’s around you and don’t push too hard.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives