In Episode #303 Nathan interviews Beth Milligan, a virtual assistant and online strategist who’s building her business from scratch. Tune in to learn from Beth about claiming back your time, tools to simplify accounting, and starting a business while looking after a toddler.
- Favorite Book? – Big Magic
- What CEO do you follow? — Kim Garst
- Favourite online tool? —Tailwind
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?—To be more confident, and that she could do anything she put her mind to
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:30 – Nathan’s introduction
- 02:04 – Welcoming Beth to the show
- 02:50 – Beth helps entrepreneurs gain time back by carrying out the tasks they don’t want to do
- 03:40 – Beth charges a monthly retainer up-front
- 04:40 – Beth uses Freshbooks to manage her accounts
- 05:35 – She uses the time tracking feature to log hours and generate invoices
- 07:00 – Beth’s expenses are under $50 per month
- 08:55 – Beth has one young kid
- 09:20 – Beth’s still looking to build her product into something more scaleable
- 09:45 – Generates revenue of around $800-$1200 per month
- 11:12 – Tries to give people time back to focus on what they started their business for
- 12:00 – Connect with Beth at Milligan Strategies
- 15:00 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- You can do anything you put your mind to. Be confident.
- Your time and focus are valuable – use tools that help you claim back time
- Charge clients up-front to save problems later.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives