In Episode #304 Nathan interviews Vincent Dignan. Vincent’s a growth hacking expert who was voted the best speaker at South by Southwest this year. He’s just launched The Growth Hacking Playbook and he’s turning marketing upside down by ditching the platitudes and giving people practical advice and tools on how to actually generate traffic. Listen in to hear about how to get to 1 million unique website views per month, how to find anyone’s email online, and why networking events are a waste of time.
- Favorite Book? – The 48 Laws of Power
- What CEO do you follow? — James Altucher
- Favourite online tool? —Audiense
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Yes
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?—Don’t go to networking events. And start public speaking earlier.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:10 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:34 – Welcoming Vincent to the show
- 01:50 – Vincent provides consultancy, coaching, and speaking services that help them to grow their business
- 03:00 – Use Charlie app – it will find all of the publically available information from someone’s email address
- 03:33 – Email Hunter is a free tool to help you find anyone’s email
- 04:02 – Discover will show common connections on social media
- 04:30 – Profile Hopper visits people’s Linkedin profiles to generate return views to your profile
- 04:55 – Rebump is a Gmail tool that will re-send emails that haven’t been responded to
- 05:34 – Vincent has a small number of clients who pay him $5-10k per month
- 06:10 – Magnific is Vincent’s agency
- 06:40 – Vincent employs over 750 writers, editors, and marketers
- 07:40 – How could Nathan get to 1 million unique website views per month?
- 07:58 – Optimise his email list, and build his Twitter following
- 08:30 – Would create a tool to add “You like this, read this next” to the website
- 09:40 – Which articles do I send to which parts of my list?
- 11:10 – Start executing things – move your project along
- 12:45 – Vincent doesn’t take equity when it’s offered
- 15:20 – Connect with Vincent on Facebook
- 15:45 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Get in front of audiences. Start public speaking and sharing what you know.
- Use the right tools to build your list and drive traffic. The money’s in the list – so have the right tools to work it.
- Start executing. You can go to a hundred networking events and still achieve nothing. Move your project along.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives