In Episode #311 Nathan interviews Kat Loterzo – a content machine who’s written 37 bestselling books and generates 3-4 emails for her list each day. Kat built her own 7-figure online fitness business before turning to coaching and writing. She now coaches businesses on how to have the same success she did. Tune in to hear how Kat brings people to her membership site, why she can’t get enough of writing, and the importance of listening to your gut.
- Favorite Book? – Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
- What CEO do you follow? — Grant Cardone
- Favourite online tool? —None, I’m pretty old school
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Definitely not
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?—Listen to your gut and follow what you feel called to do
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:11 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:45 – Welcoming Kat to the show
- 02:05 – Kat built Woman Incredible as an extension of her personal training business
- 03:10 – Started in 2007, became big in 2010
- 03:40 – She’s now dropped the business – but at its height it was making $80k a month
- 04:20 – Kat currently makes revenue from The Tribe, a coaching membership site
- 05:17 – First month is $97, subsequent months are $197
- 05:30 – Around 150 current members
- 05:50 – Made just over $500k from the site so far
- 06:20 – Membership gives free access to all of Kat’s content, and access to members’ community
- 08:22 – Keeping around 80% of members each month
- 08:50 – Average customer lifetime is around 5 months – but members will often buy other products
- 09:40 – Acquisition is mostly from referrals and social media. Kat’s only just now setting up a funnel
- 10:00 – Kat will email her list 2-3 times each day, and always includes links back to The Tribe website
- 10:55 – Kat also hosts the Success Smackdown podcast
- 11:20 – Produces several 4 or 5 minute episodes each week
- 11:40 – Each episode is hitting around 1,000 downloads
- 12:40 – Not monetising podcasts – just using them as content marketing
- 13:13 – Kat’s an Amazon bestselling author with around 1000 downloads per month
- 14:30 – “I can’t get enough of writing” – Kat’s written 37 books
- 15:30 – Publishing the next book through CreateSpace
- 16:20 – Facebook is Kat’s main source of traffic
- 16:50 – Connect with Kat on Facebook, Twitter, and at her website
- 19:00 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Create the content and people will come
- Follow your gut and do what you feel called to do
- It’s not the size of your list that matters, but how dedicated your following is. Find people who love what you do.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives