In Episode #340, Nathan interviews Max Coursey, a real estate broker and the founder of Tiger Prop – a real estate brokerage company that’s giving its buyers their money back. Tune in to hear about Max’s innovative brokerage model, how to create an insanely successful co-working space, and why you should be having more fun.
- Favorite Book? – The E-Myth Revisited
- What CEO do you follow? — Elon Musk
- Favorite online tool? — Paperless Pipeline
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?—No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? — How to bite my tongue
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:04 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:25 – Welcoming Max to the show
- 01:34 – Tiger Prop is a residential real estate brokerage in Boise
- 01:55 – They credit 20% of brokerage fees back to the buyer
- 03:22 – Why do people choose Tiger Prop over other brokerages?
- 03:25 – They standardize professional photography, signs, flyers, and videos
- 04:20 – They don’t take any money unless they move the property
- 05:30 – Tiger Prop was launched in 2013
- 06:04 – First-year revenue was around $200k
- 06:39 – Now have 39 agents
- 07:22 – 2015 total revenue was around $800k
- 08:20 – “We’re starting a new co-working space in downtown Boise”
- 08:45 – Sharing space with a designer furniture gallery
- 09:16 – All agents are on the same split – Tiger Prop takes 30% of the brokerage fee and agents take 70%
- 10:31 – The total revenue figures only include commission charged
- 12:09 – There are multiple revenue streams in the building: furniture, coffee, and – soon – printing
- 13:50 – Connect with Max on Twitter or at Tiger Prop
- 15:29 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- If you’re in the business of selling, then find and pay the best agents you possibly can. The better your people, the better your business.
- Find ways to make the space you work in, pay.
- Have as much frickin’ fun as humanly possible
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives