In Episode #343, Nathan interviews Charles Gaudet, founder of Predictable Profits and author of The Predictable Profits Playbook. Charles is a business coaching and online marketing expert who’s made money in real estate, self-publishing, and private coaching. Listen in to find out how he became profitable after going $1 million into debt overnight, why you’ll do better if you write a book, and why entrepreneurs should be staying in line.
- Favorite Book? –Losing My Virginity
- What CEO do you follow? — Marcus Lemonis
- Favorite online tool? — AdEspresso
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Yes
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? — Stick with one strategy and master it
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:55 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:25 – Predictable Profits is a business coaching and marketing company
- 01:44 – Started his business on a pay-for-performance model, where he’s paid a percentage of the business increase he secures for his clients
- 03:00 – His pet health insurance company closed down in 2000 when the crash happened
- 04:10 – Ended up investing in real estate
- 05:30 –Bought his first property off his father on a financed loan
- 06:22 – “I found myself over $1 million in debt almost overnight”
- 07:36 – Attracted buyers with incentives for construction loans
- 08:38 – Developed affiliate relationships with tradespeople and related businesses
- 10:40 – “If you’re looking to get into real estate, align yourself with a private lender”
- 11:30 – How do you convince a private lender to invest in your deal?
- 15:00 – The Predictable Profits Playbook: why?
- 15:10 – “If you look at the most influential people in the world, they’ve got things in common, They’ve written a book, and they’re public speakers”
- 15:45 – If you want to be perceived as someone of influence…well, success leaves clues
- 16:15 – The book is published as a hybrid – it’s a combination of self-published and done through a traditional publisher
- 17:20 – The book sells for $17 on Amazon
- 17:44 – Around 1500 books have sold so far
- 18:24 – Charles sends copies of his book to potential clients as an advertising strategy
- 19:01 – Charles used a ghostwriter
- 20:10 – “Give the book away as much as you can. Give it away for free if you have to”
- 20:20 – Hard costs per book are under $3 per copy
- 20:43 – Most of Charles’s income last month came from private clients
- 21:45 – Connect with Charles at Predictable Profits
- 22:25 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Master one strategy at a time. Focus.
- Writing a book positions you as an expert – use that influence!
- Establish multiple income streams – you’ll be more financially stable
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives