In Episode #362, Nathan interviews Tony Leonard, founder and president of nurseVersity—a company that uses next-generation tools, cutting-edge research, and adaptive, personalized learning structures to help nurses and physical therapists prepare for the respective industry exams with maximum efficiency.
- Favorite Book? – Who Moved the Cheese
- What CEO do you follow? — Bill Gates
- Favorite online tool? — There are several
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?—No
- If you could let your 20-year-old self know one thing, what would it be? — Sleep more; eat less.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:09 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:25 – Tony’s company operates under a monthly subscription format
- 01:45 – He helps people pass their qualifying exams the first time
- 02:15 – 10,000 customers, with $152,000 in revenue last month
- 03:00 — $35.50/month per customer
- 03:30 – Scholarship program
- 05:00 – One-time payments
- 05:40 – How they manage churn
- 07:30 – Cost to get a customer
- 08:40 – Company is based in Louisville, Kentucky
- 09:00 – Churn for their company
- 10:15 – Lifetime value is about $300 per customer
- 10:30 – They are looking to raise capital
- 11:00 – Capital to date is $4 million
- 11:15 – Connect with Tony Leonard on LinkedIn, or at Nurseversity on Facebook, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 13:40 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Show your customers you care.
- Think of ways you can increase capital and scale your business.
- Sleep more, and eat less.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives