In Episode #363, Nathan interviews Douglas Lusted, the CEO and co-founder of Linkett. Douglas is an incredible individual who earned his way onto the Forbes’ “30 Under 30” list at the age of 19! He’s taken his company, which specializes in out-of-home advertising, from an idea on paper to an unstoppable force that’s taking on big-time enterprise clients.
- Favorite Book? – Lean Analytics
- What CEO do you follow? — Kurtis McBride
- Favorite online tool? — Calendly or Prospect.io
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep? — Absolutely not.
- If you could let your 20-year-old self know one thing, what would it be? — Keep on doing what you’re doing.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:25 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:45 –Linkett is an analytics platform
- 02:20 – It is sold as an annual subscription
- 02:35 – Company was founded in 2013, and it was his first business venture
- 03:05 – First-year revenue was $100000
- 03:50 – Money and capital raised
- 05:00 – Their team now
- 05:20 – Growth for the company over the past year and a half
- 06:10 – Monthly recurring revenue (about $25k)
- 06:50 – The company’s churn
- 07:40 – Advertisers’ pricing systems
- 09:35 – The future of billboards
- 10:18 – What Douglas would do as a billboard owner
- 10:45 – Customer worth
- 11:40 – The company is focused on growth
- 12:00 – Connect with Douglas Lusted on LinkedIn
- 14:010 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Don’t be afraid to redefine an industry and how it operates
- When you have a great idea, go for it.
- Create a product that improves an industry’s integrity.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Prospect.io – Douglas’s favorite online sales tool based out of Canada
- Lean Analytics – Douglas’s favorite business book.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives