In Episode #381, Nathan interviews Timur Daudpota, co-founder of Blurbiz. His business allows companies to create and edit videos and post them directly to Snapchat. Listen to Timur share his journey as an entrepreneur. He started out with skateboards, and now he’s jumped to Snapchat.
- Favorite Book? – Zero to One
- What CEO do you follow? — Elon Musk
- Favorite online tool? — Sketch
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?—No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? — Read more books.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:10 – Nathan introduces Timur
- 02:00 – Blurbiz is a SaaS platform
- 03:00 – They found a gap in Snapchat
- 03:35 – Customers can link their Snapchat account and post videos through Blurbiz
- 04:20 – Working with publishers
- 04:40 – They charge $2k to $5k per month
- 05:00 — $60k in revenue last month
- 05:15 – Too early for churn
- 05:45 – Customer acquisition
- 06:20 – They pay themselves a $60k salary
- 06:35 – Fundraising is $425k total
- 07:15 – Valuation
- 08:20 – Team size is 8
- 08:30 – Commission based
- 09:45 – Based out of Mountain View
- 10:00 – Started with a skateboarding company
- 10:40 – Bringing back a classic skateboard design
- 11:00 – LED skateboard wheels
- 11:30 – Received prize money for their company
- 12:00 – Finding a better way to sell
- 12:20 – They connected their product with social media and sales jumped
- 13:00 – Equity for Blurbiz
- 13:45 – Follow Blurbiz on Snapchat
- 14:00 – 20000 views for every post on Snapchat
- 16:40 — The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Constantly find ways to improve your business.
- If you find a gap in a certain company or industry, fill it.
- Once an entrepreneur, always an entrepreneur.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Sketch – Timur’s favorite online tool
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives