In Episode #388, Nathan interviews Yahya Mokhtarzada, co-founder of Truebill. Truebill is a free online tool designed to keep track of all of your monthly subscriptions and find ways to save you money. With so many products requiring a subscription fee, Truebill keeps your bills more organized and paid on time.
- Favorite Book? – Onward
- What CEO do you follow? — Jeff Bezos
- Favorite online tool? — Ahrefs
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep? — No chance.
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? — Take bigger risks.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:10 – Nathan introduces Yahya
- 1:30 – Truebill keeps track of recurring bills and subscriptions
- 2:00 – Free for users
- 2:20 – Looking at transactions and making recommendations
- 2:50 – Business development deals
- 3:20 – Launched in January 2016
- 03:40 – Healthy growth each month
- 04:00 – Up to $50k/month at the end of the year
- 04:20 – Saving other people money
- 04:45 –$1.75 million in capital
- 05:15 – Agreement for future equity
- 06:20 – User data
- 06:40 – Deals with businesses for advertising
- 07:50 – Introducing users to the products of those businesses
- 09:00 – Total users signed up are 50000
- 09:25 – Activation metrics
- 09:50 – Different options to explore for the future
- 10:30 – “the low-hanging fruit”
- 11:10 – truebill.com
- 13:10 — The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Consider taking bigger risks when you can afford to do so.
- Focus your business model on helping other people.
- Start with “the low-hanging fruit” to get your business going.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.