In Episode #393, Nathan interviews Danavir Sarria. After working as a freelance copywriter, Danavir wanted to stop working with clients and start working for himself. He created CopyMonk, a service that teaches people how to increase sales by producing effective copy. At only 22 years old, Danavir is making a place for himself as an expert copywriter.
- Favorite Book? – Rework
- What CEO do you follow? — Gary Vaynerchuck
- Favorite online tool? — MindMeister
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?—Yes.
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? — Focus on your efforts, and not on your passion.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:25 – Nathan introduces Danavir
- 01:40 – CopyMonk
- 02:15 – Total revenue is $6k in two months
- 02:30 – How he became a copywriting expert
- 03:00 – 1700 people on his email list
- 03:40 – 40 sales over four days
- 04:20 – How to manage his email list
- 04:45 – Teach people and build a relationship
- 06:00 – How you know if someone is a good copywriter
- 06:30 – Sales and good engagement
- 07:00 – Knows copy and marketing
- 08:00 – Connecting with people who read your content
- 08:15 – Freelance copywriting
- 09:30 – Working with clients makes it hard to see results
- 10:20 – How he improved one business
- 11:30 – Client work vs. working for himself
- 12:25 – Copymonk.com or their Facebook page
- 14:25 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Focus on your efforts and your expertise.
- If you don’t like working under someone else, start your own business.
- When you write copy, find ways to connect to your audience.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- MindMeister – Danavir’s favorite online tool
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives