In Episode #408, Nathan interviews Cole Hatter, an author, investor, award-winning speaker, and successful entrepreneur. Cole is passionate about truly living life, and creating massive financial wealth in the process. He has taught tens of thousands of people to become the best versions of themselves, create massive profit, and live lives of significance.
- Favorite Book? – The E Myth
- What CEO do you follow? – Than Merrill
- Favorite online tool? — Google Calendars
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No.
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? – Think bigger sooner.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 02:00 – Cole talks about how his focus is split between real estate and Thrive, a conference
- 02:28 – Cole’s first real estate deal
- 03:51 – What Cole lost in the 2008 real estate collapse
- 04:19 – 0% down deals
- 04:32 – Quick flips—buying undervalued and repairing
- 05:13 – Learn how to force value into a home
- 05:55 – Most properties are leveraged
- 06:24 – Making the transition to entrepreneur
- 06:40 – Started his first business while in a wheelchair
- 07:10 – Jammcard
- 08:28 – Do you bet on the jockey or the horse as an angel investor?
- 09:08 – Cole is invested in a variety of funds
- 09:35 – Shifting the conversation to Thrive
- 10:08 – Don’t bank on the appreciation of real estate
- 10:37 – Money is a utility…nothing more
- 11:10 – When people are living paycheck to paycheck, they can’t bring real value into the world
- 12:38 – We’re all on borrowed time—no one will talk about your material wealth at the end, they’ll talk about who you are and what you’ve done.
- 14:05 – AttendThrive.com and @ColeHatter
- 14:29 – nathanlatka.com/sendlater
- 14:50 – NathanLatka.com/Toptal
- 16:10 – hostgator.com/nathan
- 16:45 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Think bigger sooner.
- Keep your sources of revenue diversified.
- Know whether you’re betting on the jockey or the horse.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Toptal – Great for business people to start building their app
- The E Myth – Cole’s favorite business book
- Google Calendars – Cole’s favorite online tool
- @ColeHatter – Cole’s Twitter and Instagram
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives