In Episode #423, Nathan interviews Johnson Emmanuel the founder and CEO of Clients Attraction, a company that specializes in online marketing strategies engineered to attract big-ticket clients. Listen as Johnson shares his story of starting a business in Nigeria, and how he used his passion for marketing to start chipping his path to the top.
- Favorite Book? – The Ultimate Sales Machine
- What CEO do you follow? – Richard Branson
- Favorite online tool? — Asana
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? – Focus on your marketing and charge more sooner.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 02:20 – $230K in revenue in 2015
- 03:00 – How Johnson’s company makes money
- 04:00 – Johnson uses a lot of Infusionsoft with his clients
- 04:30 – When you’re selling a high value product, you don’t list your prices you have a conversation
- 05:15 – Johnson charges his clients between $5k and $20k per month
- 05:55 – Johnson’s top client paid $25K last year
- 07:30 – It’s important to learn, but don’t overstimulate yourself
- 08:15 – It’s normal to be afraid of raising your prices, but it’s a part of good business
- 08:45 – During Johnson’s first year in 2013, the company’s revenue was about $32K
- 11:08 – The catalyst to Johnson’s success was helping his clients understand the flaws within their marketing systems
- 12:39 – Johnson is based in Lagos, Nigeria and he employs 17 people
- 13:08 – The company’s goal is to hit $1M in 2016
- 14:00 — $5k per day on PAID media
- 15:40 – Average cost per employee per month in Nigeria? $500
- 16:12 – To date, the business has worked with 30 unique customers
- 18:54 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- If you want to sell to high-value clients, you need to engage them in a conversation.
- If you engage in too many educational inputs, you’ll inhibit your own success.
- Charge more sooner.
- Toptal – Nathan found his development team using Toptal for his new business Send Later. He was able to keep 100% equity and didn’t have to hire a co-founder due to quality of Toptal developers.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives