In Episode #427, Nathan invites Keith Perhac onto The Top. Keith is a marketing expert, developer, and designer. His goal is to take complex things and make them simple, understandable, and actionable for business owners. Today he is the CEO of SegMetrics and DelfiNet, technical marketing agencies that help companies create highly optimized sales funnels.
- Favorite Book? – Work the System
- What CEO do you follow? – N/A
- Favorite online tool? — HarvestApp
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Yes
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? – “It’s not as scary as jumping off and leaving the company that you’ve been working on for 6 years to start on your own.”
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 02:13 – Focus: DelfiNet or SegMetrics
- 03:02 – Founding day of SegMetrics and first revenue
- 04:20 – How SegMetrics is built
- 04:50 – Focused on building the greatest product
- 05:48 – Margins are better in SaaS
- 06:19 – Average sales per customer per month
- 07:10 – August Revenue
- 09:40 – 50% gross margins
- 10:15 – Biggest lever to increase profitability
- 11:02 – Traffic increased drastically
- 11:55 – Acquisition cost
- 12:16 – Biggest affiliate
- 12:33 – Second biggest affiliate
- 13:54 – Bootstrap
- 14:26 – Similar with Angel Investing
- 15:10 – The business’ worth
- 16:13 – Keith was based in Japan
- 16:38 – Developyourmarketing.com
- 18:57 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Take advantage of your on-peak time.
- Turn your previous challenges into positive experiences.
- Don’t just focus on sales, focus on creating a great product.
- Toptal – Nathan found his development team using Toptal for his new business Send Later. He was able to keep 100% equity and didn’t have to hire a co-founder due to quality of Toptal developers.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Developyourmarketing.com – Keith’s website
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives