In Episode #477, Nathan is joined by Debbie Johnston, recognized as Entrepreneur of Richmond and the founder of Care Advantage – a dynamic and compassionate care company that is devoted in giving back to the community. She’s the author of The School of Heart Knocks. Listen as Debbie shares her inspiration in starting Care Advantage and her experience in Secret Millionaire.
- Favorite Book? – Think and Grow Rich
- What CEO do you follow? – Steve Jobs
- Favorite online tool? — Facebook
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Never
- If you could let your 20-year old self know one thing, what would it be? – “Start your business earlier, you know more than you think.”
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:54 – Nathan introduces Debbie to the show
- 03:10 – Adoption is close to Debbie’s heart
- 03:28 – Care Advantage is a full-service care company
- 03:54 – Care Advantage has a special care division
- 04:30 – Care Advantage is all over the country
- 04:50 – Payment for the services is by the hour
- 05:12 – Care Advantage reimbursed in the state they’re in
- 05:44 – Care Advantage doesn’t do a lot of Obamacare
- 06:40 – Debbie started years ago
- 06:47 – Debbie was running out-patients in a hospital
- 07:34 – Debbie first used Care Advantage to his brother-in-law and parents
- 09:05 – “We can’t put a price on a peace of mind”
- 09:50 – Care Advantage has different price for each service
- 10:30 – Each office has 3-5 people
- 11:40 – Number of people Care Advantage has served is over 10,000
- 12:30 – The need of an RN will depend on the patient
- 12:49 – Some people want 24 hours of an RN a day
- 13:38 – Secret Millionaire picked Debbie
- 13:56 – Debbie likes the producer so she said yes
- 14:14 – “It was one of the hardest things I have done in my life”
- 14:40 – Debbie was proud after it was aired
- 14:51 – Debbie has worked with charities like Reach International
- 16:28 – “It’s what we do that makes me happy, giving someone peace of mind makes me happy”
- 16:55 – Connect with Debbie through her Facebook and website
- 18:55 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Giving someone peace of mind can be a source of happiness.
- You can’t put a price tag on perfect health care.
- Starting your business earlier could make more differences in the future.
- Toptal – Nathan found his development team using Toptal for his new business Send Later. He was able to keep 100% equity and didn’t have to hire a co-founder due to the quality of Toptal developers.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for the cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5-hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Assistant.to – The site Nathan uses to book meetings with one email.
- Acuity Scheduling – Nathan uses Acuity to schedule his podcast interviews and appointments
- Drip – Nathan uses Drip’s email automation platform and visual campaign builder to build his sales funnel.
- DebbieJohnston.com – Debbie’s website
- Facebook – Debbie’s Facebook account
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives