In Episode #486, Nathan is joined by Ali Salman who heads Rapid Boost Marketing where they exclusively work with professional service providers. Rapid Boost has grown to over $2 million in annual sales over the last 2 years with a goal of $25 million by 2020. They have generated over 120,000 ideal client inquiries for service firms and practices in the last 12 months.
- Favorite Book? – Nonsense: The Power of Not Knowing
- What CEO do you follow? – Elon Musk and Nathan Latka
- Favorite online tool? — Ninja Outreach
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— Sometimes more than that
- If you could let your 20-year old self, know one thing, what would it be? – “Get out of school faster”
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:38 – Nathan introduces the show
- 02:09 – Rapid Boost Marketing is an agency
- 02:17 – Average contract size is anywhere between from $1500 to $6000 and majority of the contracts are from $2000 – $3000
- 02:28 – Rapid Boost Marketing has a big lead generation
- 02:53 – The revenue for 2015 is $800,000 and end of 2016 is more than $2 million
- 03:10 – Average monthly retainer is $2000 – $3000 and the average contract is from 18-24 months
- 03:30 – Average RPU
- 03:53 – Currently, Rapid Boost Marketing is working with 72 customers
- 04:45 – Rapid Boost Marketing can help a lawyer increase his revenue but it will also depend on the area and how salable the lawyer is
- 06:09 – Rapid Boost Marketing has 4 packages and it includes the paid media
- 06:15 – 30% of the packages goes to paid media
- 06:36 – They are focused on content and search engine optimization
- 06:50 – Team size
- 07:13 – Monthly headcount expenses equate to about 50% of their revenue
- 07:36 – Revenue in September 2016 is $857,000
- 08:22 – January, February, and March are their down months
- 08:29 – Average revenue for 3 months is $80,000 – $90,000
- 09:05 – Rapid Boost Marketing’s clients are described
- 10:17 – How Ali priced his own salary
- 10:50 – Connect with Ali through his Twitter and LinkedIn
- 13:16 – Ali founded the company in 2012
- 13:33 – First year revenue in 2013 is a little over $130,000
- 13:46 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Start AS EARLY as possible in business.
- Know your niche client and market WELL so you can grow quickly.
- Your people–both your employees and your clients–contribute to your company’s success, without them, there is no success.
- Toptal– Nathan found his development team using Toptal for his new business Send Later. He was able to keep 100% equity and didn’t have to hire a co-founder due to the quality of Toptal
- Host Gator– The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for the cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks– The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible– Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5-hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- to – The site Nathan uses to book meetings with one email.
- Acuity Scheduling – Nathan uses Acuity to schedule his podcast interviews and appointments
- Drip – Nathan uses Drip’s email automation platform and visual campaign builder to build his sales funnel.
- @CanadianLMPro – Ali’s Twitter handle
- LinkedIn – Ali’s LinkedIn account
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives