In Episode #501, Nathan interviews Pritesh Vora. He has over 10 years of experience specializing in building and growing innovative technology products. He was a formerly a partner at 1000Lookz and the business head at NotiPhi. He has also worked at TCS, one of India’s biggest IT service companies across US, Europe and India. He has a Bachelor in Technology from MSIT.
- Favorite Book? – Zero to One
- What CEO do you follow? – Elon Musk
- Favorite online tool? — Buffer
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20-year old self, know one thing, what would it be? – “Definitely, knew more about how to see the business”
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:22 – Nathan introduces Pritesh to the show
- 02:10 – Uninstall.io is Pritesh’s current company
- 02:14 – Uninstall.io is a niche analytics company
- 02:40 – Uninstall.io provides analytics to popular mobile apps
- 02:50 – Uninstall.io is a SaaS business with monthly subscription and fees depending on the number of users and modules
- 03:02 – Average pay per customer is $100,000 a month
- 03:11 – Uninstall.io was launched in 2015
- 03:22 – Uninstall.io was bootstrapped for the first 6-8 months and raised $365K
- 03:50 – Uninstall.io is currently serving more than 150 apps
- 04:36 – ARR is currently $100K
- 04:48 – MRR is around $10K
- 05:00 – Uninstall.io currently has 15-17 customers
- 05:23 – Pritesh shares why companies leave after just a few months
- 06:37 – Pritesh and his team are still working on how to make customers stay
- 08:30 – Pritesh and his team are learning more about their customers’ needs and data so that io can become indispensable to them
- 09:00 – People have a typical analytic scheme in their company
- 09:25 – Uninstall.io has 10 people on their team
- 09:44 – Uninstall.io is using shared resources to take the data from each account
- 10:00 – Average CAC
- 10:38 – Average monthly salary
- 11:12 – Pritesh and his team are based in India
- 12:00 – Lifetime value
- 12:47 – Pritesh still has around $150K in the bank
- 13:02 – Pritesh is currently spending $20,000 for the expenses
- 13:40 – 2015 revenue is around $45,000
- 14:12 – Connect with Pritesh through his Twitter, website and blog
- 15:55 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Work to know your niche and target market on a deeper level.
- Having a business is a continuous experiment—it’s how one learns and adapts.
- Focus on your team first and look after them well.
- Acuity Scheduling – Nathan uses Acuity to schedule his podcast interviews and appointments
- Drip – Nathan uses Drip’s email automation platform and visual campaign builder to build his sales funnel
- Toptal– Nathan found his development team using Toptal for his new business Send Later. He was able to keep 100% equity and didn’t have to hire a co-founder due to the quality of Toptal
- Host Gator– The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for the cheapest price possible.
- Audible– Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5-hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- The Top Inbox – The site Nathan uses to schedule emails to be sent later, set reminders in inbox, track opens and follow-up with email sequences
- @PriteshVora – Pritesh’s Twitter handle
- Uninstall.io – Pritesh’s business website
- Blog.Uninstall.io– Pritesh’s blog site
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives