In Episode #559, Nathan interviews Andrew Gryaznov. He’s an artificial intelligence and a cloud computing evangelist based in Dublin, Moscow. He’s the founder of JSX Exchange – the cloud computing commodity exchange and has built several other services and tools ranging from SshTo.net, Plottico, and many others. Andrew is also a telecom and Linux expert and finalist at the GSOC 2005 Summit.
- Favorite Book? – Startup Owner’s Manual
- What CEO do you follow? – Brad Katsuyama
- Favorite online tool? — Trello
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— That depends
- If you could let your 20-year old self, know one thing, what would it be? – Andrew wished he was more mindful of the global market
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:09 – Nathan introduces Andrew to the show
- 01:48 – Andrew shares his vision for why he built JSX Exchange
- 01:51 – Computation will be the most influential resource
- 03:05 – JSX Exchange has invented a way to commoditize cloud computation
- 03:53 – Andrew shares what people without JSX Exchange are doing
- 05:02 – Andrew mentions how the financial exchange space can use JSX Exchange
- 05:48 – Banks may own supercomputers
- 07:03 – JSX Exchange works with financial institutions who want accurate trade
- 07:46 – JSX Exchange wants to expand out of the financial space
- 08:18 – JSX Exchange is currently in pre-seed stage
- 09:15 – Irish investors have put out less than $1M
- 09:24 – It is an equity round
- 09:34 – Andrew was a solo founder for a period of time, but expanded
- 10:15 – Andrew has a team of 5 people who are all co-founders
- 10:50 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- There is a possibility that computation will be the most influential resource.
- Credibility is needed if you want to be successful in your space.
- Believe in your product.
- Acuity Scheduling – Nathan uses Acuity to schedule his podcast interviews and appointments
- Drip – Nathan uses Drip’s email automation platform and visual campaign builder to build his sales funnel
- Toptal– Nathan found his development team using Toptal for his new business Send Later. He was able to keep 100% equity and didn’t have to hire a co-founder due to the quality of Toptal
- Host Gator– The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for the cheapest price possible.
- Audible– Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5-hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- The Top Inbox – The site Nathan uses to schedule emails to be sent later, set reminders in inbox, track opens, and follow-up with email sequences
- Jamf – Jamf helped Nathan keep his Macbook Air 11” secure even when he left it in the airplane’s back seat pocket
- Freshbooks – Nathan doesn’t waste time so he uses Freshbooks to send out invoices and collect his money. Get your free month NOW
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives