In Episode #857, Nathan interviews Zach Benson. He’s the cofounder and CEO of Assistagram and he’s one of the standouts in the world of online entrepreneurship, especially, influencer marketing. He’s a TedX speaker, social media trainer for international brands like The 4 Seasons, Ritz Carlton and Vice Roy. He was a past participant on “So You Think You Can Dance”. He doesn’t only manages his own Instagram network of millions, he’s also guiding other influencers and Fortune 500 companies through Assistagram to social media success.
- Favorite Book? – The Go-Giver
- What CEO do you follow? – Nathan Latka
- Favorite online tool? — Enlight
- How many hours of sleep do you get?— 8
- If you could let your 20-year old self, know one thing, what would it be? – “You have what it takes and don’t be afraid of failing and looking bad, just be me”
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:34 – Nathan introduces Zach to the show
- 02:30 – Assistagram is your own personal assistant that is hyper focus on your Instagram account
- 02:50 – Assistagram currently has 10-15 Instagram accounts that they’re working on
- 02:55 – The charge is between $1200 and $1500 a month depending on the package
- 03:07 – For 1200, you get an assistant that will grow your account organically
- 03:47 – To grow the accounts, the assistants get into at least 100 groups to interact and reach out to people
- 05:13 – It takes Assistagram’s team years to grow
- 05:32 – Some big accounts they’re working with have around millions of followers with thousands of likes per post
- 06:30 – Zach and his team has over 180M reach from 30 to 50 pages they own
- 06:45 – Fantastic Earth is one of their partners which has 3M followers
- 07:00 – The accounts of Assistagram are power liking posts that boosts the account
- 07:25 – Instagram’s algorithm is constantly changing making it more difficult to grow accounts
- 08:14 – Zach helped Nathan booked free travels by growing Nathan’s Instagram travel account
- 08:27 – Zach got Nathan 14 nights stay
- 08:44 – Big travel accounts are valuable for hotels because of the marketing that they can do through social media
- 09:24 – Zach and his friends email hotels for reservations
- 10:00 – Zach shares the sample email they send
- 10:40 – Average open rate is 60-70% with 40-50% reply rate
- 12:30 – The collaborations with hotels can be an ongoing partnerships
- 12:53 – Assistagram is more focused on travel accounts
- 14:15 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Social media algorithms are constantly changing thus making it more difficult to gain more followers.
- Instagram accounts with big following are more likely to get the best deals available.
- Influencer marketing has been going around for years and will still continue in the coming years.
- Simplero – The easiest way to launch your own membership course like the big influencers do but at 1/10th the cost.
- The Top Inbox – The site Nathan uses to schedule emails to be sent later, set reminders in inbox, track opens, and follow-up with email sequences
- GetLatka – Database of all B2B SaaS companies who have been on my show including their revenue, CAC, churn, ARPU and more
- Klipfolio – Track your business performance across all departments for FREE
- Hotjar – Nathan uses Hotjar to track what you’re doing on this site. He gets a video of each user visit like where they clicked and scrolled to make the site a better experience
- Acuity Scheduling – Nathan uses Acuity to schedule his podcast interviews and appointments
- Host Gator– The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for the cheapest price possible
- Audible– Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5-hour drive) to listen to audio books
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives