In Episode #200, Nathan speaks with Olivier Pailhes, the CEO of Aircall.io, an app that lets you buy one or several phone numbers across the world, add teammates to your dashboard, and place & receive calls on existing devices. Listen as Nathan and Olivier discuss the importance of clearly outlining equity splits, and the importance of starting a business at young rather than old age.
- Favorite Book? – Predictable Revenue
- What CEO do you follow?— Jorn Lyseggen
- What is your favorite online tool?— Slack
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?—Just start building your company—don’t waste time, don’t take the “classical path”
Cofounder & CEO at Aircall (Aircall.io) Previously general manager of a SMB and before that in strategy consulting.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:01 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:23 – Welcoming Olivier to the show
- 01:29 – Based in Paris
- 01:42 – Worked for years in Strategy Consulting
- 03:03 – What Aircall does
- 04:57 – The conversation surrounding splitting equity
- 06:19 – How much of the business Olivier still owns
- 06:35 – Aircall charges per month and per seat
- 07:08 – 2015 revenue
- 08:08 – Finding new customers
- 09:10 – The average customer pays $100 per month
- 09:27 – Talking gross retention
- 10:40 – Negative churn
- 11:12 – Customer acquisition cost
- 13:01 – Sales Call Center is only 6 people
- 15:00 – Aircall’s main goal is to secure a few HUGE customers
- 15:40 – Want to grow revenue number by 5x per year
- 16:05 – Aircall.io
3 Key Points:
- Start building your dream TODAY.
- Have clear conversations when it comes to splitting equity.
- Don’t worry about 8 hours of sleep—you can adapt.
- Edgar – Nathan uses Edgar instead of other scheduling tools for Twitter because Edgar cycles through content over and over (buffer/others you have to re-input content over and over – time consuming). In the last several months, Edgar has driven Nathan over 3728 clicks that he didn’t have to work or pay for.
- Host Gator – Powerful web hosting made easy and affordable.
- Predictable Revenue – Olivier’s favorite book
- Jorn Lyseggen – The CEO Olivier adores
- Slack – The online tool Olivier can’t live without
Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives