In Episode #231, Nathan speaks with Jenny Greer and Erin Bickley of Hold Your Haunches, a women’s wear company that makes products designed to show a more shapely you. Listen as Nathan, Erin, and Jenny banter back and forth about the challenges of growing a business from scratch and what going on the hit TV show Shark Tank was really like.
- Favorite Book? – Shark Tales
- What CEO do you follow?— Mark Zuckerberg
- What is your favorite online tool?— WunderList
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?—You’re not always going to have this body
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:06 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:49 – Welcoming Erin and Jenny to the show
- 01:53 – The idea for Hold Your Haunches
- 02:32 – Started in 2010
- 03:15 – Why go on Shark Tank?
- 03:37 – Free Publicity
- 04:38 – Re-negotiation
- 05:24 – What going on Shark Tank was like
- 08:12 – More than $1.5M in 2014
- 08:25 — $500K in product sold within 72 hours of airing on Shark Tank
- 09:40 – Average cart checkout is worth $200 ($100 an item)
- 10:12 – The number of customers varies per month
- 10:30 – Went from 800 email subscribers to 16K subscribers thanks to Shark Tank
- 12:00 – Most valuable piece of off-air advice?—you don’t have to get it right, just get it going
- 14:20 – ShopHYH.com
- 15:50 – Famous 5
3 Key Points:
- You can always convert negatives into positives if you’re willing to be creative.
- Get into the public eye and watch your business BOOM.
- Find friends in high places.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Hold Your Haunches – Women’s shapewear company
- Shark Tank – TV show Erin and Jenny went on
- Mallard Creatives – Provider of Show Notes
The Top listeners who listened to this show also listened to these:
FEATURED: 155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
181 Kristi Zulhke You won’t believe what she quit corporate P&G for.
165 Nehal Kazim His Revenue Goal Was $600k. His Plan? Fire or Get Fired.
160 Jenn Scalia It is Possible to have 5 year old and do 5 figures every month with Jenn Scalia
159 Eric Siu He Bought a $150k/mo Agency for $2 with Eric Siu
155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
134 Gilbert Welsford I produce events and made $100k in September, 2015
102 Christo Hall Pro Surfer to $2m in 12 months with this product?
101 Wes Schaeffer 7 Kids and $500k In Revenue With Wes Schaeffer
96 Chris Sanfiliippo He makes $100k/mo from “Revenge Porn”
76 Lori Latka My mom takes over the show: Buys Real Estate Business, Moves to Horse Ranch for Simple Dream
75 Chris Merkle How he went from intern, to $60k on his first deal, to $3m in revenue this year
63 Alex Harris Staying small and winning big with 6 clients who pay $5k/mo with Alex Harris
62 Brandon Epstein He has a six pack and charges $1k/mo for Instagram consulting to mega-rich clients?
60 Justin Brooke What if growing your one person agency to $90k+/mo was this simple?
57 James Hickey 2 Ways Anyone Can Generate $5k/month with James Hickey
25 Greg Hickman From $110k corporate gig to startup failure, then what? With Greg Hickman.
22 Jaime Turner From Freelance College Speaking to $100k/yr In Speaking Fees with Jaime Turner
18 Franklin Cole From Underwear to $40m In Revenue and Seven figure clients with Franklin C