In Episode #240 Nathan interviews leading expert in internet virility, a New York Times bestselling author, and CEO of Dose and OMG Facts, Emerson Spartz. Listen as how Emerson explains how he started as a 12-year-old and dropped out of middle school to become the CEO of a leading virility content website today.
- Favorite Book? – 80 20 Sales and Marketing
- What CEO do you follow?— Tony Hsieh
- What is your favorite online tool?— Intently
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?— Spend way more time developing the skill set
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:01 – Nathan’s introduction
- 01:43 – Welcoming Emerson to the show
- 01:59 – The story behind MuggleNet’s 50 Million views
- Link Swaps
- Looked for ideas
- 04:29 – Negotiating with writers before Dose
- 05:25 – 50 content pieces per day for Dose
- 05:53 – Raised $35M
- 07:56 – Team size of 50
- 08:37 – Start of A-B Testing
- Use Facebook
- Headlines and Thumbnails
- 09:57 – Keppler Technology
- 11:05 – 1 hour to 1 day execution to distribution
- 11:47 – $5-10 for testing headlines and thumbnails
- 14:30 – Behind the article seeding process
- 15:52 – How Dose makes $$$
- 17:26 – 15M unique website views
- 17:38 – emersonspartz.com
- 19:05 – Famous 5
3 Key Points:
- You have to be good at recognizing top talent.
- When you find talented talent, find a way to add it to your organization.
- First obtain a compelling vision, then obtain a compelling pitch.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- MuggleNet’s – The Top Harry Potter fan website on the planet
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives
The Top listeners who listened to this show also listened to these:
FEATURED: 155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
181 Kristi Zulhke You won’t believe what she quit corporate P&G for.
165 Nehal Kazim His Revenue Goal Was $600k. His Plan? Fire or Get Fired.
160 Jenn Scalia It is Possible to have 5 year old and do 5 figures every month with Jenn Scalia
159 Eric Siu He Bought a $150k/mo Agency for $2 with Eric Siu
155 Vincent Harris Dorm Room Startup Now Rand Paul’s Internet Army, $1.3m Revenues
134 Gilbert Welsford I produce events and made $100k in September, 2015
102 Christo Hall Pro Surfer to $2m in 12 months with this product?
101 Wes Schaeffer 7 Kids and $500k In Revenue With Wes Schaeffer
96 Chris Sanfiliippo He makes $100k/mo from “Revenge Porn”
76 Lori Latka My mom takes over the show: Buys Real Estate Business, Moves to Horse Ranch for Simple Dream
75 Chris Merkle How he went from intern, to $60k on his first deal, to $3m in revenue this year
63 Alex Harris Staying small and winning big with 6 clients who pay $5k/mo with Alex Harris
62 Brandon Epstein He has a six pack and charges $1k/mo for Instagram consulting to mega-rich clients?
60 Justin Brooke What if growing your one person agency to $90k+/mo was this simple?
57 James Hickey 2 Ways Anyone Can Generate $5k/month with James Hickey
25 Greg Hickman From $110k corporate gig to startup failure, then what? With Greg Hickman.
22 Jaime Turner From Freelance College Speaking to $100k/yr In Speaking Fees with Jaime Turner
18 Franklin Cole From Underwear to $40m In Revenue and Seven figure clients with Franklin C