In Episode #344, Nathan interviews David Fortino, who discovered NetLine aged 26 and convinced the CEO to hire him. He’s now the head of Audience Development and has developed the Rev Response customer distribution network. Tune in to hear the inside story on the net’s biggest B2B lead generation and content publishing business.
- Favorite Book? – Traction
- What CEO do you follow? — Gabriel Weinberg
- Favorite online tool? — Clearbit
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? — Focus on developing and refining cadence
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:10 – Nathan’s introduction
- 02:20 – Why did David want to work for NetLine?
- 02:50 – Being able to monetize a base through contextually relevant inclusions really appealed to him
- 03:44 – Netline is the world’s largest B2B-specific content syndication and lead generation platform
- 03:55 – They work with large enterprise technology companies to distribute their content to specific audience segments
- 04:30 – Nathan: “If I gave you a finance eBook, how would you generate leads for me?”
- 05:55 – They have relationships with over 15k web publishers
- 07:36 – “We’re driving the sales funnel for thousands of businesses”
- 08:00 – A CPL-based model, with an average value of $40-50 per lead
- 09:01 – There are 100 employees
- 09:10 – David heads up Audience Development
- 09:37 – There are around 300-400 active client campaigns at any time
- 10:00 – Current annual run rate is upwards of $20 million
- 10:25 – How predictable is revenue?
- 11:03 – Biggest cost is payout to individual publishers – around 20-30%
- 11:36 – Netline has various products to handle leads, from simple top-of-funnel generation to lead development
- 21:45 – Connect with David on Twitter or LinkedIn
- 14:20 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Refine your cadence. Find a rhythm and drive that helps you keep going.
- Lead generation isn’t just about volume, but quality. Really refine your ideal customer – and hunt out exactly the people you want to connect to.
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to people you want to work with
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives