In Episode #400, Nathan interviews Massimo Chieruzzi, CEO of AdEspresso. His company, founded in 2013, is now so profitable that he says they don’t need fundraising! Massimo sees only growth for AdEspresso in the future as Facebook ads continue to evolve and improve.
- Favorite Book? – Predictably Irrational
- What CEO do you follow? — Rand Fishkin
- Favorite online tool? — HubSpot
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be? — Don’t start a startup. Get some experience for a corporate business first.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:05 – Nathan introduces Massimo
- 01:30 – AdEspresso was first on The Top on Episode 70
- 01:50 – Focus on growing and reducing churn
- 02:25 – Revenue is about $400k/month
- 02:38 – 2015 total revenue was $3M
- 02:50 – Fundraising has reached $1.8 Million
- 03:30 – “We have been profitable this last year, so we don’t need the money.”
- 04:00 – More than 4000 customers
- 04:45 – Learn about AdEspresso at Adespresso.com
- 05:00 – Churn is 7% and is decreasing
- 06:00 – How long their customers stay
- 07:10 – 35 people on their team
- 07:20 – Monthly expenses are around $280k
- 07:45 – They are growing by at least 15% every month
- 08:00 – How the company is sustainable
- 08:30 – Customer acquisition is less than $10
- 08:45 – Paid acquisition is only content promotion
- 09:20 – They were founded in 2013
- 09:30 – What would Massimo sell his company for?
- 10:20 – @MassimoCw on Twitter or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 12:10 – The Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Allow yourself to gain knowledge from different experiences.
- Find ways to lower your acquisition costs.
- Get into an industry that has a long life ahead of it.
- Host Gator – The site Nathan uses to buy his domain names and hosting for cheapest price possible.
- Freshbooks – The site Nathan uses to manage his invoices and accounts.
- Leadpages – The drag and drop tool Nathan uses to quickly create his webinar landing pages which convert at 35%+
- Audible – Nathan uses Audible when he’s driving from Austin to San Antonio (1.5 hour drive) to listen to audio books.
- HubSpot – Massimo’s favorite online tool
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives