In Episode #188, Nathan speaks with Eran Eyal, the CEO and founder at Springleap, a marketplace of 180K advertising agency experts. Listen as Nathan and Eran talk about the latter’s extensive experiences as an entrepreneur and the valuation of SAAS businesses.
- Favorite Book? – Steve Jobs Bio
- What CEO do you follow?— Brandon Evans
- What is your favorite online tool?— Slack
- Do you get 8 hours of sleep?— No
- If you could let your 20 year old self know one thing, what would it be?— Stop studying law.
Eran Eyal is a serial entrepreneur with three exits under his belt. He’s also a contributor on several advisory boards. He currently works as the president and founder at Springleap, a marketplace for 180,000 advertising agency experts. Eran is the winner of Alley Boost Investor Pitch night, Techstar’s pitch night, The United Nation World Summit Award for Innovation, and Mentor Camp Global Finals.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Nathan’s introduction to today’s show
- 01:40 – Eran joins the show.
- 02:07 – Springleap is a marketplace of 180K advertising agency experts. Instead of consumer testing and research yourself, you can hire advertising experts to do it for you.
- 03:01 – Springleap charges 50-150$ for each expert, for each task per hour.
- 04:32 – Springleap last year started hitting highs of about 100K per month.
- 06:32 – Eran recommends selling hard to clients who are historically reliable.
- 06:53 – He also recommends coming up with a separate free product to increase visibility.
- 09:01 – Springleap gave away a report every single month for free, but it had to be requested by a client. Eventually it became a paid product.
- 10:52 – Don’t be afraid to charge for a product once it generates enough traffic and offers real value.
- 11:34 – Springleap started doing a convertible note, but instead went with a series C.
- 13:00 – Springleap’s set its valuation at 8 million dollars before the raised 2.5 million.
- 14:45 – Find out what Nathan’s doing after selling his business Heyo at nathanlatka.com/whatsnext on February 4th.
- 15:21 – Famous Five
3 Key Points:
- Eran recommends selling hard to clients who are historically reliable customers.
- Don’t be afraid to offer a product for free in order to increase traffic to your business.
- Springleap is a business that offers the services of 180K professional marketers for anyone to hire.
- Host Gator – Powerful web hosting made easy and affordable.
- LinkedIn – Eran’s LinkedIn
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Eran’s email
- Brandon Evans – CEO Eran follows
- Steve Jobs Bio – Eran’s favorite book
- Slack – Eran’s favorite online tool
- Show Notes provided by Mallard Creatives
Top listeners who listened to this show also listened to these episodes:
117 Ankur Nagpal He made $2m at 21 then quit for Teachable, worth $30m?
205 Andrea Loubier She’s Built a $500k/year Company in Bali Looking for $8m Pre-Money Valuation with Andrea Loubier of MailBird (Coming soon on iTunes here)
203 Ben Fisher Getting Your First $10k/mo In Revenue with Ben Fisher of CartHook.com (Coming soon on iTunes here)
201 Matt Berman The Art of Your First 120 Customers With Matt Berman of Sonar
200 Olivier Pailhes Would You Sell for $6m Today? No. With Olivier Pailhes of Aircall.io
193 Jared Fuller How PandaDoc Will Hit $10m ARR This Year
190 Matt Smith How Latergram.me Grew to $50k/mo, 500,000 users, $1.2m Raised
186 Josh Reeves He’s 32 and raised $136m in Funding But It’s About More Than That
173 Jason Coleman He plans to be #1 WordPress Membership Plugin by 2017
172 Matthew Bellows Yesware 2016 Goal? $30m Annual Run Rate with CEO Matthew Bellows
170 Landon Ray Would you sell Ontraport to Oracle for $100m today?
169 Laura Roeder From InfoProduct to $2.2m SaaS Business With 11 Month Old
156 Jonathon Ende From 0 to $2m SaaS Company in 2 Years with Seamless Docs Jonathan Ende
151 Evi Meyer Quit $100k job, raised $5.2m, will people pay $150/yr for iphone App?
148 Jay Bean From $250k+ Salary, to 4 years making nothing, to $30m+ Payday in SMB World with Jay Bean
143 Pam O’Hara $1000 worst CAC, $42 RPU, and around 10,000 paying customers with BatchBook
137 Russell Brunson We just turned down a $35m acq. offer
127 Neylan McBaine She Buried $10k Under a Rose Bush and will do $1m+ in 2016
125 Gautam Tambay Will He Take Down Udemy? $100k/mo Already with Gautam Tambay
124 Derek Bluford He’s 28 and said no to a $14m buy out offer – crazy?
118 Aaron Ross 12 Kids, Took Salesforce to $100m ARR, 50,000 Books Sold
110 Anurag Agarwal He gave up a $1m wall street salary for nature with Anurag Agarwal
105 David Abrams He did $35k in October and is buildling to sell with David Abrams
103 Dean Levitt How MadMimi Does $500k/mo in Revenue and Sold to GoDaddy with Dean Levitt
93 Ajay Prasad I offered him $2m for his business on the podcast
79 Brad Martineau His Brother Fired him from infusionsoft, he’ll do $3.1m this year from $12k per person events
73 Jim Fowler Salesforce bought his company for $175m in 2010, What’s he doing now?
70 Armando Biondi He’s built on Facebook with a $100 ARPU, $1000 LTV and a $1.8m run rate
68 Zvi Band 4% churn, $1500 LTV, and $700k+ per month in revenue with Contactually Founder Zvi Band
65 Sean Cohen “Is Aweber Going Being Acquired?” with Sean Cohen
56 Cam Doody This 30 Year Old Makes $450k/WEEK From This Small Tennessee Town? With Cam Doody
53 Robert Caruso Nathan: “Will you sue Hootsuite?” “Yes!” with Robert Caruso
40 Chad Newell How to Mini-IPO your SaaS Business without IPOing and with $40k+/mo in MRR
39 Crystal Huang She Does $171k/mo and is CRUSHING Most Men In The Startup Space with Crystal Huang
33 Alex Moore How HD TV Negotiator Launches $3.5m ARR Email Productivity SaaS Company (and keeps it secret!) With Alex Moore
32 Anthony Zang He pays college students $3 to build business for him with Anthony Zang
28 Hiten Shah $10.8m Raised with KissMetrics VS. Self Funded CrazyEgg with SaaS King Hiten Shah
14 Sean Wycliffe How affiliates and movie theaters built this $240k/mo business
3 Peter Shallard From $0 to $37k/mo with Peter Shallard from CommitAction.com